It will be great to see how this cardigan would look like on women with plus sizes and therefore I’m looking for motivated testers.
Sizes available to test: this test is finished and published
Time of completion: 20-25 hours depending on your speed (this garment can be completed within 6 days if you can crochet 4 hours a day).
Original yarn: 100 % cotton 400 m/100gr; 437 yards/3.5 oz; fingering-weight; 4 ply; 1 or Super Fine.
Check yarn weight here: http://www.ravelry.com/help/yarn/weights
Suitable yarn for this project: cotton or linen Fingering weight /4 ply /between 360 and 400 m per 100 gr/between 390 and 437 yards per 3.5 oz. Examples: cable-5, omega-eulali, cable-no-5, mandarin-petit etc. This garment can be made with rayon/cotton, bamboo/cotton, silk/cotton, tencel/cotton provided that your gauge fits.
Total yardage: from 900 yards for bust 104 cm/41” till 1100 yards for bust 126 cm/50”. Please make sure you have enough yarn before agreeing to test (without waiting for yarn delivery).
Hook: I used hook 2 mm (you can try hook B).
Gauge: crochet rows of double crochet stitches (dc in American crochet terms), block and measure your swatch. The width of 24 dc in 10 rows = 10 cm x 10 cm (almost 4’’ x 4’’). Obtaining correct width is critical! It is acceptable if the length of your rows is between 9.5 and 11.5 cm (between 3.7” and 4.5”), however the final length of the garment will be decreased or increased accordingly.
What can be altered during the test:
– Edge rows.
– Yarn (provided that the width of your blocked swatch remains 24 dc =10 cm (4”)).
What cannot be changed during the test:
– The garment has open front; please do not join rows in front to crochet a sweater in rounds.
– Shape of sleeves; please do not crochet sleeves separately – follow the description for making front, back and sleeves in one piece. This garment looks like a cape until the sleeves are separated during crocheting final rows.
Pattern for testers:
All testers will receive written instructions in American crochet terms for their bust measurements and without charts. It is not a photo tutorial of every round, however several photos of the tricky parts will be included to help you along the way. Instructions will be sent in 4 parts:
- Upper part = first 10 rows (duration 2-3 hours)
- Central part = rows 11-27 (duration 5-7 hours)
- Bottom part = rows 28-48 (duration 13-15 hours) Completing, washing, taking photos of this part and sending them to me is considered as the end of this test!
- Edge finishing (any time)
When one part is completed please send me photo (s) showing your current result so I can send you next part and be sure that you are on track. Test is finished after I have received photo(s) of the bottom part (without edge – just as shown in the photo above). No further parts of this pattern will be sent to testers who are behind schedule without writing excusable delay.
My usual way of describing the stitches: at first I state how many stitches, and then I write what kind of stitches to work, for example: 2 ch, 1 sc in 1 dc. Some designers describe the same stitches the other way round (ch2, sc2 in dc) and I kindly ask you not to change my way :).
The final pattern will be sent to all testers who have completed their projects within the stated time and uploaded their photo (s) to Ravelry. It will include written instructions for sizes M-3XL and charts that I’ll draw after this test has been completed. This will be a paid pattern (priced up to $7), total amount of pages = 9 or 10 (maximum).
Requirements for testers of this garment:
– You love crocheting garments (or want to make your first one) and you have enough patience to complete this project.
– Your bust measurements are within the stated range. Please write your bust circumference when applying for this test. To this info please attach one photo of your completed and blocked swatch taken along with the measuring tape/or lineal/or gauge testing tool. You can send me 2 photos with the measuring tape – one that shows the amount of stitches in rows and another – the length of rows. First part of this pattern will be sent to you upon receiving this information.
– Please let me know how many hours a day you can crochet.
– You agree to include photo (s) of your completed project on Ravelry and state used yarn and hook. Please link your project to the published pattern within 1 week after receiving respective note from me. I kindly ask you to write me your Ravelry account when applying for this test.
Compensation: The final version of the pattern with permission to sell what you make. All crocheters who show their final results within 6 days after receiving the first part will receive 20% off on one of my crochet patterns of their choice.
Please send me a direct message with all required info if you are interested to participate.
Thank you and happy crocheting!
Photos, Charts and Row-by-row instructions that you will see during this test are property of conceptcreative.club, conceptcreative.store, conceptcreativeblog.wordpress.com, conceptcreativestore on Ravelry, conceptcreativestore on Etsy. You agree not to retype, transmit, reproduce, publish or otherwise use for commercial purposes parts of my instructions. You may sell as many ready made crochet garments as you want, provided that you post your own photos and give link to respective pattern by Conceptcreative.store on Ravelry.